A homegrown heart is one that longs to sleep with the windows open. One that longs to smell the fresh cut fields, Ride in the afternoon - bareback, and barfoot. A homegrown heart likes to turn the music up, grow something, talk to God and wear boots, because they are better. These hearts go fishing, play with dogs and play with horses. Homegrown hearts give it their all, everytime. They are true to themselves, and true to those around them. They have deep roots. But more important, a homegrown heart LOVES WITH ALL ITS STRENGTH.








Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicks, Horses, and Sunshine!

My little chicks are growing up.  Every morning I feed them and fill their little water trough and they run up to me and peck at the food and fluff their yellow feathers.  They are soo  cute!  And the best part is, our Jack Russel Terrier stays home now, running in circles around the coop barking.  I won't ever have to worry about him running away again! 

I am also going to be leasing a horse for a few months to do some western stuff, ride in clinics, do some drill team stuff and generally enjoy the spring and summer.  He is dead broke so I can ride him, and not worry abut my knee. 

My thoroughbred is doing FANTASTIC.  He is doing wonders on the long lines.  He tucks his head into a beautiful arch and is learning to propel forward from the rear, instead of pull the rear behind himself.  He is loping better, not throwing his head and body all over, and learning to round himself.  I can't wait to ride him, and feel the difference in the saddle.

Speaking of saddles...

I need a new one.  Anyone have an old jumping saddle they don't need???

No comments:

Post a Comment