A homegrown heart is one that longs to sleep with the windows open. One that longs to smell the fresh cut fields, Ride in the afternoon - bareback, and barfoot. A homegrown heart likes to turn the music up, grow something, talk to God and wear boots, because they are better. These hearts go fishing, play with dogs and play with horses. Homegrown hearts give it their all, everytime. They are true to themselves, and true to those around them. They have deep roots. But more important, a homegrown heart LOVES WITH ALL ITS STRENGTH.








Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thats a DIRTY pony!

So...

Laredo the tri color Tobiano paint came out to my barn yesterday afternoon!  He was so dirty you couldn't tell he was tri-colored!

I got off work and headed out to the barn.  I got my TB first, and got him all settled in his stall.  He was all soggy and wet, and glad to be inside.  Dummy would NOT eat his hay outside!  Its like he is annorexic horse or somehting. 



Anyway



Then I got Laredo and took him inside.  I lunged him for a few minutes, and honestly Iwas not impressed.  He behaved bad, but I then had to remember he has been out to pasture for a year.  In the end, he did some very interesting trotting, with his tail up like an arabian, all stretched out like some sort of walking horse.  Pretty funny!



Then, It was time to wash him off, with lots (a whole bottle) of soap.  The black was pouring down his body in waves.  I wanted to check him for cuts, rot and anything else I should know about before I ride him, buy him, or give him back.  I found a few cuts, and some bite marks, but nothing bad. 

After my friend and I worked on lathering him up for almost an hour, we were done and he was sparkly clean!  All beatuiful and tri-colored! He has spots I didn't know exhisted!

No comments:

Post a Comment