A homegrown heart is one that longs to sleep with the windows open. One that longs to smell the fresh cut fields, Ride in the afternoon - bareback, and barfoot. A homegrown heart likes to turn the music up, grow something, talk to God and wear boots, because they are better. These hearts go fishing, play with dogs and play with horses. Homegrown hearts give it their all, everytime. They are true to themselves, and true to those around them. They have deep roots. But more important, a homegrown heart LOVES WITH ALL ITS STRENGTH.








Friday, December 2, 2011

If I had only taken a picture...

Well, the horses are all settled in to the new ranch.  They have a pretty decent place, minus running water, so hopefully I can think of something to get water to them instead of bucketing 5 gallons at a time out to the pasture.  ANYWAY...

I was out there fixing up part of the fence when I looked up and in the dim light of the evening, saw the landlord's 8 horses standing at the fence looking at me and my boys curiously.  They were so cute, all standing exactly the same, all their heads over the fence just looking.  It was like they were all saying "who are you?  what are you doing? we wanna see!"  Two little white heads, some stars on faces, a red colored gelding... they looked so dang cute! 

So I grabbed my cell and flipped it to camera mode, just as one of the mares decided she was being crowded, kicked at another mare, and broke up the perfect shot. 

Oh well. 

At least my boys are making friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment